SecureData is a specialist cyber security services and solutions company and we are currently seeking an ambitious and driven 2nd Line Support Engineer to join our SOC in Maidstone, Kent.
At SecureData, we look after cyber security for a range of business organisations. We have a very broad range of services ranging from security assessments, implementing solutions, support and managed services.
As our 2nd Line Support Engineer, you will report to the SOC Manager and act as an escalation point for our first line support team in our busy Secure Operations Centre. You will be able to work under pressure, possess excellent customer service and communication skills, and have a logical approach to troubleshooting.
Your key responsibilities in the SOC will include the following:
- Providing second line support and escalation of helpdesk tickets
- Managing and monitoring call queues
- Proactive technical account management for mid-range clients, managing software life cycle, patching and upgrades for customers
- Providing quality assurance checking
- Ensuring all case related documentation is clear, concise and updated in the CRM system
- Undertaking extensive training as required
- You will be required to undertake shift work which include early, core, and late shifts. There is also weekend work required once a month. You will also undertake on call duty, for which you receive additional pay!
You must have the following skills and experience:
- You must have at least 2 years’ work experience supporting at least two of the following: Checkpoint Firewall, F5, Bluecoat, Cisco, Fortinet, Pulse Secure, Palo Alto – you must consider yourself an expert in at least one of these!
- You must have solid understanding of networking technologies – routing, switching, LAN/WAN
- You must have Linux based Operating Systems and application experience
- You must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbally
- You will ideally have a Juniper, Checkpoint, F5, Bluecoat or Cisco certification e.g. CCNP, CCSA, etc
- Any experience supporting Forcepoint, Juniper, Aurba or Sourcefire would be very beneficial
By joining one of the world’s leading cyber security companies, you will be offered the following:
- An opportunity to join a fun, social and lively SOC team that are growing rapidly!
- A chance to undertake the very best, comprehensive industry related training within a niche, cyber security company
- Career opportunities within a unique industry and organisation
- Company pension scheme
- Competitive salary and generous holiday allowance
- Private medical healthcare with BUPA
- Life insurance
- Childcare vouchers
- A free annual eye test
- Company events several times per year
NB: No recruitment agencies - any speculative CV's shall be taken as a gift and we shall not be liable for a fee.